Cedar Valley Baptist Church
Corner of FM1704 and FM969
Job Title: Financial Secretary
Reports To: Pastor
Position Status: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Location: Office building located on the church campus
Salary: Up to $18.50 per hour depending on qualifications
Benefits: Paid vacation after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply: Email resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. May send via U.S. Mail to Cedar Valley Baptist Church, P.O. Box 909, Elgin, Texas 78621 — Attention Personnel Committee. The resume’ should focus on how the applicants experience and qualifications align with the financial and administrative duties listed in this posting.
Posting Date: August 14, 2022 – open until filled.
The successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
- A demonstrated Christian faith commitment
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in accounting plus a minimum of 2 years practical experience in fund-based accounting and account reconciliation.
- Be knowledgeable of applicable IRS laws for church based finances.
- Able to be bonded (not negotiable)
- Proficient in office technology including, but not limited to, Quick Books, Word, and Excel
- Attention to detail, dependable, punctual, good interpersonal skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, works well in a team, and able to support church work and ministries.
- Respect confidential nature of church accounts. Able to maintain confidentiality of all church records.
Financial Duties include, but are not limited to, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, maintain accurate bookkeeping records. Process 1099s, reimbursement requests and end of year reports. Administrative Duties include, but are not limited to, preparing weekly bulletin, church council meeting documents, member/new member correspondence, church newsletter, maintaining up-to-date member list. This position reports directly to the church pastor.