Music Leader Job Position Information- Please contact the church office if interested
Job Title: Music Leader
Reports to: Pastor
Position Status: Part-time (10-20 hours per week)
Position Summary: Coordinate and lead the music for worship services – Sunday morning, Special events and Wednesday evenings if home is near.
1. A vital and mature Christian commitment as a believer in Christ and a strong desire to serve God
2. A strong music background with knowledge of music and choral presentation
3. Capable of reviewing, screening and selecting hymns for worship services and choral presentations that compliments Christian worship.
4. The ability to work well with others and process ideas and suggestions in positive ways
5. Strong leadership skills including administration, organization and communication
6. A commitment to support the priorities, goals and best interest of the church
7. Demonstrate a genuine love for people and maintains good rapport with fellow believers
8. Energetic and enthusiastic leadership
Duties and Responsibility
1. In consultation with the Pastor, plan music for regular Sunday morning and special worship services. If domicile is close to CVBC also lead music at Wednesday Prayer meetings.
2. Assist in the production of special projects and events i.e. Christmas, Easter, to include musical and/or technical preparation and assistance
3. Conduct adult choir rehearsals for special events and direct the choir during AM worship services
4. Plan special music for all worship services such as preludes, offertory music, postlude, and other special music to enhance and enrich the worship of our Lord.
5. Recruit, equip and develop lay people in their musical gifts; encouraging member participation with solos, duets, trios and ensembles on a regular basis in the worship services
6. Maintain clear and timely communication with, but not limited to the office staff, Music and Media Committees, choir and congregation through a variety of methods such as personal contact, bulletin announcements, newsletter and the church website.
1. Accountable to the Pastor & coordinates activities with the Music Committee
2. Coordinate all music programs with the church calendar of events
3. Coordinate, delegate and ensure the participants and volunteers in children’s music activities understand their responsibility in church music events
4. Communicate and encourage the participation in the music program
5. Coordinates musical financial needs with Finance and Music Committee
6. Must submit to a background check
7. Understand and comply with the current CVBC Constitution and By-Laws and the CVBC Personnel Policy Handbook